Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Jenny McCarthy: The day I heard my son had autism

image of bookBy Jenny McCarthy

"I didn't know what was going on with my son Evan. One day he was a completely healthy 2-year-old and the next he kept having life-threatening seizures.

Countless doctors and hospitals couldn't get to the bottom of it, and no one could figure out the right diagnosis. We continued trying different anti-seizure medicines, but they either made Evan act psychotic or like a zombie. Finally, I got an appointment to see the best pediatric neurologist in Los Angeles.

I was beyond nervous in the doctor's office. My heart was beating so loudly that I bet Evan thought it was a drum in the next room."

To view this entire article, please click the title above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for bringing autism to the public. We have a great grandson with autism. Our granddaughter was alot like you. Everyone said he was just going through the terrible 2's. She didn't take no for a answer. We bought your book and she is trying the diet for him. We are so greatful for you. We have 9 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. Carter has a twin sister casey and she is find. You mean the world to our family and giving us so much help

Bertha Howell
wapakoneta, ohio 45895
Beh299













@bright.net