Thursday, January 31, 2008

People on the Go

Image of kelly
Message from Kelly:

"There is a self advocacy group called People on the Go. I have been a member for 5 and a half years. It took me a long time to understand what they do. Now that I understand what they do I got really excited about being apart of that group. I love everything about that group. The events, traveling and going to conferences. It’s like going to school. We meet at Red Cross. It’s the 2nd Monday of each month. It’s more fun than school. You would have to come to the meetings to find out what activities they have coming up. You might want to bring a folder to the meetings. They give you fliers every time you come to the meetings. I can’t go without a folder. The only conference I go to is at Myrtle Beach. It’s called Pathway to independence. Every thing else is too far away for me. If you want to join People on the Go just bring $1.00 every month, and call Jackie Robey at (803) 787-0286."

For more information, please click the title above.

No comments: