Monday, March 14, 2011

Columbia Parkinson's Support Group

image of a group
March 20th 2011 Meeting Reminder
We are looking forward to seeing you this coming Sunday on

Date - March 20th, 2011 Time - 3:00 p.m. until 4:00 P.M. - with time available after our meetings for socialization among guests and support group members
Cost - Free / Donations Are Much Appreciated
Where - Lexington Medical - Park 1 Auditorium
2720 Sunset Boulevard, West Columbia, SC 29169
Topic: Challenging behavior of patients and what caregivers can do to help/manage the behavior.

Note from Dottie - After I heard Jan's presentation at a symposium, I thought that it
would be an "excellent" presentation for our support group (for both PD caregivers
and PD patients). I came away from her presentation with several Aha! moments about
my own caregiver behavior that I could improve when being a care partner with my husband
CW (PD patient) -and- when caring for my father (age 89).

Speaker: Jan Merling, MA - Education Coordinator

Contact: Office for the Study of Aging (OSA)
(Part of the USC Arnold School of Public Health)
Office Number: 111G
Building: 730 Devine Street
Phone: (803) 318-1601
Fax: (803) 777-0246
Email: jmerling@sc.edu

Thank you for your support of the Parkinson's community.

No comments: