Title: QIAT Session 10: Using QIAT Resources
Description: Since the summer of 1998, the Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology (QIAT) Community has focused its efforts on defining and using a set of descriptors that serve as over-arching guidelines for high quality AT services. The Community has developed descriptors that are applicable regardless of service delivery models. They have been used to guide:
1. School districts in the development and provision of quality AT services which are aligned to federal, state and local mandates;
2. AT service providers in the evaluation and improvement of their services;
3. Consumers of AT services in the selection of adequate AT services;
4. University faculty and professional development providers in the delivery of programs that develop knowledge and skills needed to offer quality AT services;
5. Leaders in the development of regulations and policies related to the use of AT in education.
If you are looking for strategies to improve AT practices and services at, or if you are not sure about ways you can use the QIAT indicators in your setting, this session will be of value. The QIAT Leadership Team will share ways that the Quality Indicators for AT have been used in a wide range of settings.
Category: Assistive Technology
Presenter: Joy Zabala & Scott Marfilius of QIAT.org
Learn More or Register Now