Date: Thursday, August 3, 2017
Time: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Place: SC Assistive Technology Program, Poplar Conference Room
Midlands Center, Poplar Building, 8301 Farrow Road, Columbia, SC 29203
- Make checks payable to SC Assistive Technology Program. Mail checks to Tammy Wallace, SCATP, USC School of Medicine, CDR, Columbia, SC 29208
- To pay by credit card, call Treginald Coleman at 803-935-5296. Be sure to mention the name of the workshop
Information will be provided to get attendees thinking about ways AT could benefit children who are having challenges or struggling with school work.
Attendees will be able to:
• identify 3 AT devices and software used by students for notetaking.
• identify 3 AT products used to help with reading and writing.
• identify 2 resources of where to go to get individualized help for students.
Instructor: Tammy Wallace, Program Coordinator, SC Assistive Technology Program
Mrs. Wallace received her BA degree from the University of South Carolina and has worked in health care for over 25 years. She has worked with individuals with disabilities for the past seven years. She is currently the Program Coordinator at the SC Assistive Technology Program where she works with students with learning disabilities to find assistive technology to help them in their daily lives.