Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Survivor Spotlight

 
 Rebecca Powell

When my day began on Friday, July 8, 2011, it was just like any other day. I spent time with my 3 year old son, and went to my weekly Zumba class. That evening, on our way to get ice cream, my car was t-boned by a speeding car while I was sitting at a stop sign. After working for one hour, EMS finally got me out of my car. I was then flown to Greenville Health System where I had to undergo emergency surgery to remove my spleen. I was in a deep coma with a severe brain injury and had lost a lot of blood. For the next 20 days, I was in Neuro trauma ICU, and my prognosis was that if I woke up, I might be able to feed myself. 

Six years later, after a lot of hard work, I am a full time mom to my very active nine year old. Without the support, resources, encouragement, and friendships that I've received from the Brain Injury Association, I wouldn't be where I am today. I will never be the same as I was before the accident, but my recovery can continue because of the support and resources made possible through your donations and support of this organization.
​
Join me on October 21st! 
Let's run/walk/roll together!
If you can not make it, consider giving a donation. 
Hope to see you there.





No comments: