Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Survivor Spotlight

 
 Rebecca Powell

When my day began on Friday, July 8, 2011, it was just like any other day. I spent time with my 3 year old son, and went to my weekly Zumba class. That evening, on our way to get ice cream, my car was t-boned by a speeding car while I was sitting at a stop sign. After working for one hour, EMS finally got me out of my car. I was then flown to Greenville Health System where I had to undergo emergency surgery to remove my spleen. I was in a deep coma with a severe brain injury and had lost a lot of blood. For the next 20 days, I was in Neuro trauma ICU, and my prognosis was that if I woke up, I might be able to feed myself. 

Six years later, after a lot of hard work, I am a full time mom to my very active nine year old. Without the support, resources, encouragement, and friendships that I've received from the Brain Injury Association, I wouldn't be where I am today. I will never be the same as I was before the accident, but my recovery can continue because of the support and resources made possible through your donations and support of this organization.
Join me on October 21st! 
Let's run/walk/roll together!
If you can not make it, consider giving a donation. 
Hope to see you there.





No comments: