Friday, May 14, 2010

My Trip to Fort Jackson, By Kelly Doyle

"I went to Fort Jackson for the whole weekend. When I got there it was before dinner time. So we had time to get unpacked and get settled in. Then we got to know each other. Then it was time for dinner. Then we got ready for the opening ceremonies. Then after that we hung out until it was time to go to bed. The next day we got up, ate breakfast got ready for our events. My event was the soft ball throw for the track and field. I got third place. After we had our lunches there we went to Olympic town. That was my favorite thing to do at Fort Jackson. I bought 3 things there. A bag, 1 cup, and a shirt. You can play games, get free sodas ( which I did of course), eat and make arts and crafts and sometimes they play bingo. To me that is fun to do. And that is why I went to Fort Jackson. Then that night we went to the dance. Usually I’m the main one dancing. But not this time. I was too tired. But I always drink sodas at any dance I go to. The only things I didn’t like about Fort Jackson is: getting up at 6:00 a.m., the shower, I couldn’t go to the pancake breakfast, I couldn’t take my purse to the track and field, and they ran out of sodas at Olympic town. And they also tell you what to do. But other than that I had a great time."

No comments: